SoftTH Home

Author Topic: SoftTh 2.x configuration tool  (Read 95092 times)

SinCity

• User
Re: SoftTh 2.x configuration tool
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 01:56:33 AM »
Thanks for your extra effort re SLI.

I'll experiment with "nonlocal" settings using two 570s in SLI feeding into a 480.., running a 980x.

I'm gunning for the best video in FSX I can get @ 5760*1200.

Mr.Gambler

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 10:20:59 PM »
Thread is now sticky

Achilles20

• User
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 11:49:35 PM »
I just tried it with 2.04 and even if i set this nonlocal stuff the third screen flickers. I think its because of the "noSync=0" that means that the third Card tries to Sync with one of the SLI Cards getting only every 2nd Frame because the SLI Cards are splitting up the work as you know.

If you set "noSync=1" it doesnt flicker anymore but then you got big laggs... still unplayable.

Let us know if you got somthing new.

Unfortunately i think we have to wait for official SLI support.

Greetings

Gunfighter6

• User
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 03:35:34 AM »
Olstyle,

I haven't forgotten you yet.  I have not had a chance to play around with the tool that much yet.  However, I still don't know how to use your tool.  Basically, I think my bezel is about maybe 75 pixels.  I have the two side monitors bezel hidden behind the center monitor so from my vantage point, it looks like I only have one single bezel on each side.

When I tried adding this number to the left screen, Arma 2 loads but the image is all shifted and out of place...so I know that I"m not doing something right.  Can you help me to use the tool?

Do I put 75 into the "left" then also 75 to the "top" blank?  Your tool says that my monitors are 1, 3, 2 but in windows my computer says my monitors are 1, 2, 3 when I hit the "Identify" button.

thanks.
Gunny

Olstyle

• User
  • Mr. Config
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 09:07:31 PM »
Do I put 75 into the "left" then also 75 to the "top" blank?
What you need ist the "left" part. It just does what it says: adding pixel left to the named screen by pushing the button.

Your tool says that my monitors are 1, 3, 2 but in windows my computer says my monitors are 1, 2, 3 when I hit the "Identify" button.
That part's interesting(="wtf. no idea how that can happen") What kind of graphicscards are you using?

For now, useing the created config and changig the device id 2 to 3 and vice versa could work.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:11:06 PM by Olstyle »

Jinxter78

• User
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 10:35:14 AM »
Nice tool!

I have a 6950, all local, and my monitors also gets mixed up. Since the primary is mixed too, you need to do some cutting and pasting before it works

Olstyle

• User
  • Mr. Config
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 03:02:18 PM »
I`ll see if i can do a "renaming wizard" for people with mixed up device ids.

Olstyle

• User
  • Mr. Config
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 07:25:22 PM »
Added the wizard.

diabolesco

• User
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 11:38:25 AM »
SinCity, can you post any results with / without SLI? Im planning a new build and I want to pick between Gigabyte UD4 / UD5 + i5 depending to prepare for sli in a future or not...

Many thanks!

PD: about the topic: many thanks, this tool is very useful.

PwrUsr

• User
  • 3 heads are better than 1
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 07:36:38 PM »
@diabolesco
When buying new gear always leave yourself room for upgrades when possible... I never planned on doing CrossFire though I bought a CF board and ended up needing it so I'm glad. Don't limit yourself, you never know what you might want/need to do later on...

WacKEDmaN

• User
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 10:03:20 AM »
cool tool! takes the hard work outta gettin a good config..

i think theres a couple of things missing..a renderResolution box sitting behind the monitor boxes.. this will let us visualise how much picture can be seen from the full render and how much rendered area is being unseen...

and secondly, manual sourceRect coord placement needs to be input-able and visuallised, so we can set actual placement away from the windows setup..eg..on my desktop i use the monitors lined up on the bottom..so the bottom is basically a straight line with no "steps" but in games id like to line the screens up via the top

eg desktop..
 __  -----  __
|__||___||__|

ingame..

----------------
|__||      ||__|
       -----          

i think with a few tweaks to this tool you could have other configs that are away from the windows config, without having to change resolutions first

Id also like to see a standalone/offline version of the tool that i can just run from the jar or even a little exe
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 10:34:16 AM by WacKEDmaN »

Olstyle

• User
  • Mr. Config
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 05:03:59 PM »
i think theres a couple of things missing..a renderResolution box sitting behind the monitor boxes.. this will let us visualise how much picture can be seen from the full render and how much rendered area is being unseen...
That would be no work at all, I just don't see the use of painting the smallest possible Box containing all used screens since that is what the tool  is made to always choose.
and secondly, manual sourceRect coord placement needs to be input-able and visuallised, so we can set actual placement away from the windows setup..eg..on my desktop i use the monitors lined up on the bottom..so the bottom is basically a straight line with no "steps" but in games id like to line the screens up via the top

eg desktop..
 __  -----  __
|__||___||__|

ingame..

----------------
|__||      ||__|
       -----          

i think with a few tweaks to this tool you could have other configs that are away from the windows config, without having to change resolutions first
I don't really see any harm in changing your windows-settings first, but i will see if I can add direct setting of the source rect anyway without screwing the original concept.
Id also like to see a standalone/offline version of the tool that i can just run from the jar or even a little exe
Here you go:
http://www.mechatronics4you.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/SoftTHConfig.zip
Still HTML but all offline.

WacKEDmaN

• User
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 05:28:10 AM »
That would be no work at all, I just don't see the use of painting the smallest possible Box containing all used screens since that is what the tool  is made to always choose.
well sometimes the smallest possible renderResolution isnt always the best.. for example, with different size/resolution monitors, a 4:3-16:9-16:9 will skew stuff off to the right, and the renderResolution needs to be increased to centre the frames to the centre monitor..

I don't really see any harm in changing your windows-settings first, but i will see if I can add direct setting of the source rect anyway without screwing the original concept.
this one doesnt really matter that much..but would be nice to have in an 'advance user' version..

Here you go:
http://www.mechatronics4you.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/SoftTHConfig.zip
Still HTML but all offline.
thank you..that will do the job!

Olstyle

• User
  • Mr. Config
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »
Ive implemented the other options you suggested.
Addresses remain the same.

WacKEDmaN

• User
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »
thanks Olstyle.. new changes work great